Chris, Webmaster

Tells us all about yourself and your connection to 102 Squadron

Moderator: JoeMarsh13071943

Chris, Webmaster

Postby ChrisInBlackpool » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:44 pm

Well I'm Chris, this is kind of my baby and if something isn't working right, it's usually my fault :)

My interest to 102 is from my Great Uncle Joseph Marsh who was shot down on the 13th July 1943 on the raid on Aachen.

If any one needs to contact me urgently please use either the email address or the PM, failing that, go on the 102 web site, http://www.102ceylonsquadron.co.uk and go to the contact page.
There you will find a mobile phone number that is dedicated just to the 102 site. I don't have it turned on at night, but most days it is with me.

Any questions please ask, and thank you to everyone for being here..

have fun

Chris
For the memory of everyone who served with 102 Ceylon Squadron,
but mostly for the 1,027 in two World Wars who never came home.
Lest we never forget. http://www.102ceylonsquadron.co.uk
ChrisInBlackpool
Site Admin

Re: Chris, Webmaster

Postby haselden » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:33 am

Chris, just spotted on the tasks page you mention Halifax JB894 and recognised that flight and or aircraft is on my grandads ORBs.
You mention a book, what is it calles and where can i get it from, plus on some of my grandads ORBs the date is missing at the top. How do i get hold of the Orb originals or copies in full....
Many thanks in advance, Mark H .
haselden

Postby haselden » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:24 am

On the latest crew pages it was Chris....regards Mark.
haselden

Postby ChrisInBlackpool » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:01 pm

OK Mark,

ORB's - the man to see on here is Neil, but he is very very busy so you have to give him some time.

He will need the name of the pilot of your grandad's crew, and the dates when you believe he flew.. (if you have them)

Concerning JB894 that went down the same night as my great uncle... it is in Chris Goss's book, It's Suicide But it Fun p89.

I have seen George Ollerton's name before.. just not sure where...

Look forward to your info

Chris
ChrisInBlackpool
Site Admin

Postby haselden » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:33 pm

Chris, George Ollerhead is my grandad and it was me that you contacted last month with regards your great uncle flying within the same squadron as my late grandad.
I got his ORBs via Neil not long before you contacted me at my email address.
I can see your great uncle on his ORBs and in some cases he he was on the flight minutes in front and behind my grandads.
I wanted to retrieve his ORBs via Kew if possible thought you may have some experiance of this....regards, Mark.
haselden

Postby Neilw » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:44 pm

Mark - Rather annoyingly I have mislaid the list of your grandfathers Ops that I constructed, however if you let me know the page numbers of the ORBs that do not have the date on then I can let you know them (It will save you having to get from Kew)

Neil
Neilw

Postby ChrisInBlackpool » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:53 pm

Dear All,

As most of you know this past two months have been some of the most difficult of my entire life. I shall not go into details on a public forum, most of you know them anyway... but I did want to give a grief explanation to those wondering where on earth I have got too...

Since Dec 5th I have had either no internet access, or very limited bandwidth access.
From this time next week, (24th) I will be back to unlimited access.. allbeit down a phone line and not my beloved cable.. beggers can't be choosers and all that...

I will also have a land line on which I will have free land line calls after 7pm, so some of you can expect to hear from me a little more often.

I wanted to thank those people who helped me and my daughter Kerenza out over the xmas period. I won't name names, you know who you are, and I will be forever in your debt, you loyalty, love and kindness has been to be frank, one of the few things that has seen me through these dark days.

God bless you all, and I look forward next week to getting back to normal again and starting work on the MASSIVe back log of work I have on the web site.

Speak to you all soon

Chris (Webmaster)
ChrisInBlackpool
Site Admin

Return to Introduce Yourself