Hello fom Jon

Tells us all about yourself and your connection to 102 Squadron

Moderator: JoeMarsh13071943

Hello fom Jon

Postby jonshell » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:22 pm

Hi everyone. Just found out about this site after receiving the latest 102 sqn newsletter. I must admit to being pleasently surprised as i thought the association had folded following Tom Winghams health concerns. My name is Jon Shelley and i am ex RAF (3rd generation). I got interested in 102 Sqn after picking up a 102 sqn airmans log book a few years ago. I now have two in my possession plus some info on a couple more. I'll gladly share anything i know and am looking forward to expanding my knowledge with the help of others on this site.

TTFN, Jon
jonshell

Re: Hello fom Jon

Postby SimonK123 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi Jon,

Welcome to the site.

How on earth did you manage to obtain two logbooks, these are so rare? What period of 102 Squadron do they cover and can you give us the names of the owners.

Regards,

Simon
SimonK123

Postby jonshell » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:42 pm

Hi Simon,

I'll put the details of the logbooks in a seperate post. The first i got off a chap who i knew from collecting Football games (Subbuteo mainly) a few years ago. He had paid a tenner for it and let me have it for 20 quid. The second was from a bloke selling a 102 Sqn blazer badge on ebay. I won it and he emailed me to say he had a logbook, medals and some photos ....i bought them double quick!!

Jon
jonshell

Postby Bill Leyland » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:17 am

Hi Jon, I'm glad you found the site, the stuff you have there sounds fascinating! I Iook forward to you sharing the contents with us.
Bill.
Bill Leyland

Postby ChrisInBlackpool » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi Jon, and as everyone has said, Welcome.

I'm not sure I have your number, but are the people who you have log books for on our site yet??? (I'm not sure who they are to be honest... met so many people with different interests this past 4 months)

Talk to you soon

Chris
For the memory of everyone who served with 102 Ceylon Squadron,
but mostly for the 1,027 in two World Wars who never came home.
Lest we never forget. http://www.102ceylonsquadron.co.uk
ChrisInBlackpool
Site Admin

Postby jonshell » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Hi Chris,

please see post "Aircrew Logbooks" in main forum pages. I've posted some info regarding the logbooks there.

Jon
jonshell

Return to Introduce Yourself