Flt Sgt Jackie ( Jock) Reid

Tells us all about yourself and your connection to 102 Squadron

Moderator: JoeMarsh13071943

Flt Sgt Jackie ( Jock) Reid

Postby Norrie » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:02 pm

Hi Folks. Just signed up with the forum, and tomorrow evening, will be posting some questions, and posting some pics of very poignant and interesting stuff I have from my Uncle Flt Sgt Jackie Reid RAFVR time with 102 Sqdn. He moved onto 605 Sqdn, became a Flt Lt. and was killed in 1944, his craft crashed into Margate railway station 3 weeks after D day.

REALLY excited about joining the site.

ATVB
Norrie

Re: Flt Sgt Jackie ( Jock) Reid

Postby Neilw » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:18 pm

HI Norrie - Welcome to the forum and look forward to your future postings and pictures - believe he was flying a Mossie when sadly killed?

Neil
Neilw

Postby Norrie » Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:50 am

Hi Neil, Thanks for the welcome...great site this..:)

Yep, he was killed flying his Mossie while with 605 sqdn, the craft broke up in mid air, and crashed in flames about a mile out of Margate Railway Stn, on the main up and down line 3 weeks after D Day.
Weid tho, that three weeks earlier he says in a letter that he felt his time with 605 was over.....I've done lots of research on his time there, and now, it's the turn of 102 sqdn. Just going to post up a couple of pice etc...might be of interest to someone..:)

After 102, he went to 271 sqdn for almost 18 months.

I'm going to scan some of his letters while he was with 102, as he mentions a few names of friends and flying buddies...and post them up too...:)
Norrie

Postby Neilw » Sun Aug 04, 2013 5:53 pm

Sounds great - thanks for your postings already - do you have his Logbook?

Cheers

Neil
Neilw

Return to Introduce Yourself