102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association Reunion 2015 & Newsletter

Our main 102 Squadron forum

Moderator: JoeMarsh13071943

102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association Reunion 2015 & Newsletter

Postby SimonK123 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:19 pm

The latest newsletter for Feb 2015 had just been sent out, if anyone else would like a copy, please send me your email address, my contact details are below.

This years Reunion will be held at Pocklington as in the past. The timetable of events is as follows:

Saturday 9th May
• Annual Meeting Venue to be notified;
• Dinner at the Wolds Gliding Club on 6.30 pm for 7.00pm.
Sunday 10th May
• Service at St Catherine’s Church Barmby Moor at 10.45am;
• Short service at the airfield at 12.00 Noon followed by light refreshments;
• Tom Sayer’s talk "I Was There - The Story of a Pilot in Bomber Command at RAF Pocklington" will be presented at 7.00pm at All Saints Church, Pocklington.
• Dedication of the memorial to the crew of JB848 G-George - to be notified

The dinner will be £20.00 per person and the meal will be similar to last years. You do not have to be a member to come to any part of the weekend.

This is also the weekend of the flying Man Festival in Pocklington and there all sorts of events including aerial ones over three days. Tom Sayer’s talk will be the final event.

I anybody would like to come to the dinner please let me know and I will send out a booking form. Alternatively people are welcome to come to the Sunday morning service or just the airfield about 12 noon.

Free accommodation is also offered to any squadron veteran and relative or widow at the new William Wilberforce Home next to the airfield. This is on a first come first served basis.

Simon Kularatne
Honorary Secretary
102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association
Tel: OI253 885253
Email: skularatne AT aol D0T com
SimonK123

Re: 102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association Reunion 2015 & Newslet

Postby SimonK123 » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:25 pm

102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association Reunion 2105 is being held in Pocklington on the weekend of 9th-10th May. The Association events are as follows:

1. We are dedicating a memorial at 12 noon Saturday May 9th to the crew of Halifax JB848 DY-G of 102 Ceylon Squadron crashed on 29th March 1943 on West Green Pocklington.

2. The reunion dinner is on Saturday 9th May at 6.30pm for 7.00pm at the Wolds Gliding Club on Pocklington Airfield. The speaker is Dr John Wright, head of the Collections Dept at the Yorkshire Air Museum.

3. We are joining in with the morning service at St Catherine’s Church, Barmby Moor at 10.45am on Sunday 10th May followed by the laying of a wreath at the airfield memorial.

4. Our Chairman Tom Sayer DFM is giving a talk “I was there - The story of a pilot in Bomber Command at RAF Pocklington” at 7.00pm at All Saints Church Pocklington. This is part of the Flying Man Festival to be held in Pocklington on the same weekend. Tickets £2.00 at the door, proceeds to the church and the festival.

Except for the dinner the events are open to the public, please contact me if you would like to come to the dinner.

Simon Kularatne
Secretary
102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association
SimonK123

Return to Main Forum