102 (Ceylon) Squadron History "ACHIEVEMENT"

Our main 102 Squadron forum

Moderator: JoeMarsh13071943

102 (Ceylon) Squadron History "ACHIEVEMENT"

Postby SimonK123 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:19 am

I have produced a copy of the 8 page Squadron Commemorative Booklet produced after the War. If anybody would like a copy please email your postal address to me as I am not sending it out by email at the moment.

The original copies that I have are very poor quality and have been photocopied many times. I have therefore produced a facsimile, reproducing the layout and typeface together with the original main headings and cover drawing. I hope you like it.

If anyone has a good original can you please let me know?

Lady Brenda Walker quotes from this document in her Foreward (dated 1995) to the book “It’s Suicide But It’s Fun” by Chris Goss.

Lady Walker writes as follows:

Time passed and in 1947 a dinner/dance Reunion was held at the Café Royale. A commemorative booklet ‘a proud and glorious War record of 102 (Ceylon) Squadron’ has been compiled and the foreward written by Group Captain G A Walker! For this foreward I cannot do better than quote what my husband wrote then about the Squadron’s members:

‘To all those who have been associated with this great Squadron the numbers 102 cannot fail to conjure up moving memories—of gallantry, of sacrifice, of untiring devotion to duty in the air, on the ground, and of a wonderful comradeship and esprit de corps between all ranks both air and ground.’

Regards,

Simon

Simon Kularatne
Honorary Secretary
102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association
Tel: OI253 885253
email: skularatne[AT]aol.com (replace the AT with the usual symbol)
SimonK123

Return to Main Forum