102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association 2014

Our main 102 Squadron forum

Moderator: JoeMarsh13071943

102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association 2014

Postby SimonK123 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:08 am

The latest newsletter for April 2014 had been sent out if anyone else would like a copy please send me your email address, my contact details are below.

We still have places available for the reunion this year. Please ring or email me to book your places straight away, we can still fit you in.

The dinner will be £20.00 per person and the meal will be similar to last years. Please contact me to make the booking first then send the money afterwards.

This year's Reunion will be held at Pocklington as in the past. This year’s speaker is Jim Ainscough, a local historian and one of our members. He will be giving us an illustrated talk on Pocklington at War. Jim and Margaret Ainscough were the authors of the book of the same name published in 2010

The timetable of events is as follows:

Saturday 19th July
• Annual Meeting at Pocklington Arts Centre at 2.00pm
• Dinner at the Wolds Gliding Club on 6.30 for 7.00pm

Sunday 20th July
• Service at St Catherine’s Church, Barmby Moor at 10.45am
• Service at the airfield at approx 12.00pm followed by light refreshments.

A Very Special Offer for Our Older Members
Please do not forget the offer by Bernard Kennedy from Londesborough Health Care Group who has offered to host any veterans and their guest in his brand new care home, situated just next door to the Gliding Club. He has already received a number of bookings. If you wish to come please ring him straight away.

You can telephone the home on OI759 3O2294 and Bernard can be contacted directly on his mobile 'phone O79O863O244, email bjkATlhc-groupDOTcoDOTuk

Simon Kularatne
Honorary Secretary
102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association
Tel: OI253 885253
email: skularatne[AT]aol.com (replace the AT with the usual symbol)
SimonK123

Return to Main Forum