102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association Reunion 2013 & Newsletter

Our main 102 Squadron forum

Moderator: JoeMarsh13071943

102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association Reunion 2013 & Newsletter

Postby SimonK123 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:10 am

The latest newsletter for April 2014 had been sent out if anyone else would like a copy please send me your email address, my contact details are below.

This years Reunion will be held at Pocklington as in the past. The timetable of events is as follows:

Saturday 19th July
• Annual Meeting at Pocklington Arts Centre at 2.00pm
• Dinner at the Wolds Gliding Club on 6.30 for 7.00pm

Sunday 20th July
• Service at St Catherine’s Church, Barmby Moor at 10.45am
• Service at the airfield at approx 12.00pm followed by light refreshments.
A booking form is enclosed, please return by 31st May so that we can organise the dinner accordingly. The dinner will be £20.00 per person and the meal will be similar to last years. Please book early as a large demand is expected and the Gliding Club has a maximum capacity.

There are plenty of bed & breakfast establishments in this part of Yorkshire. Please see the Wolds Gliding Club website and the Pocklington Town Council’s website:

http://www.wolds-gliding.org/accom/accom_frame.htm

http://www.pocklington.gov.uk/organisations.aspx

A Very Special Offer for Our Older Members
I have received the following email from Bernard Kennedy from the Londesborough Health Care Group:

You might have noticed at the last reunion that a large building was being erected at the northern perimeter of the airfield overlooking the gliding club. This building is a high quality care home for the elderly and is named in honour of the local anti slave-trade MP, William Wilberforce.

If any member of the squadron who served with the Squadron would like to stay with us for two nights at the time of the re-union we would be delighted to offer them full board accommodation, and the services of our trained care staff and nurses if required. There would be no charge whatsoever for this as we would consider it an honour and very much in our own interests to be involved with such celebrities and, of course, their wives.

If any members is interested they can contact me on this e mail or telephone the home directly on 01759 302294. I can also be contacted on my own mobile 'phone 07908630244.
Kind regards,
Bernard Kennedy. Londesborough Health Care Group

I anybody would like to come to the dinner please let me know and I will send out a booking form. Alternatively people are welcome to come to the Sunday morning service or just the airfield about 12 noon.

Simon Kularatne
Honorary Secretary
102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association
Tel: OI253 885253
email: skularatne[AT]aol.com (replace the AT with the usual symbol)
SimonK123

Re: 102 (Ceylon) Squadron Association Reunion 2013 & Newslet

Postby SimonK123 » Fri May 30, 2014 9:11 am

Sorry, problems with cut and paste, it is of course 2014

Simon
SimonK123

Return to Main Forum