Canada

Our main 102 Squadron forum

Moderator: JoeMarsh13071943

Canada

Postby firebird » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:16 pm

Could anyone tell me if any airmen of the 102 Squadron had cause to go to Canada during or just before the war in an official capacity.
Regards John
firebird

Re: Canada

Postby Bill Leyland » Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:32 am

Some would have trained there, if you call that an 'official capacity'. Manitoba springs to mind. Why do you ask?
Bill Leyland

Postby firebird » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:25 am

Hi there
I ask because I am still trying to trace the movements of Sgt C T F Baldwin up until june 14 1941 when he was shot down,and I have a cousin who remembers her father taking her as a small child to Canada to see his nephew who was in Canada at the time,he was Conrads uncle who had emigrated some years earlier to Canada and then America,she remembers the meeting as being at some sort of military establishment and hiding behind her father being frightened of this man in a uniform,now you have mentioned Manitoba I can make some more enquires so thank you.
regards John
firebird

Postby Bill Leyland » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:23 am

The full list of Canadian training bases can be found at www.militarybruce.com. This guy has all the bases AND their trades. If you know Sgt Baldwins trade you might be able to figure out the location. Its a good resource for you anyway. Check it out and good luck.
Bill Leyland

Return to Main Forum